Holiday Apartments in Bulgaria

1. There are close to 1000 holiday apartments for rent throughout Bulgaria. By early indications, there hasn’t been a jump in holiday apartment offers in the last few months since the global crisis began. However, there will probably be an increase in holiday rentals as individual investors try to recoup some of their investments over time.
2. Most the apartments are concentrated in three main resorts – Bansko which is a ski destination and Sunny Beach and St. Vlas that are on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast. More than half of the holiday apartments available for rent in Bulgaria are in two resorts – Sunny Beach and Bansko.

3.The greatest number of offers are for one bedroom holiday apartments. These usually are designed to accommodate 4 people. Two people sleep in a standard bedroom and two more on a sleeper sofa in the living room. About 70 percent of the available apartments are one bedroom apartments. Most of the remaining 30 percent are studios. Therefore, the offers are mostly for a single family or for a couple. Larger families or groups can find fewer accommodations of this type.
4. One bedroom apartments in Sunny Beach rent out for about 300 euro in the high season. This is July and August. The low season from May to June and then September offer discounts of about 15-20 percent.
5. Rental prices are similar in St. Vlas and a bit cheaper in Varna and Nessebar. The margin is about 20 percent.
6. There is substantial variation between the rental prices of similar apartments in the same resort. For example, one bedroom apartments range from about 200 euro per week in St.Vlas to about 400 euro per week. Tourists should do a thorough search and will probably find a good deal.